Countdown to Gwadar Off-Road Rally 2018
KARACHI: Gwadar Off-Rally 2018 is set to start off on Friday 19th of October with more than 90 participants this year including 30 local racers. RASE remains the official timing partner for all races. The Raees Associates and Pakistan Army event is said to have a track around 210 km with nearly 70% of new passage which includes some parts of the beach and mountains. Participants themselves seem quite enthusiastic to race along the beach and through treacherous mountainous track.
Along with the new track, racers have to face two different stages with 20 mins break in between this year instead of the single stage in 2017. Therefore, making the rally more challenging. International eyes are also set on the event as racers from Iran are attending the event as well.
Expected participants include last year’s winner, the crowd favorite, Sahibzada Sultan, along with Nadir Magsi and Ronnie Patel as second and third respectively for Prepared A category in 2017. Spectators expect a highly charged race between the three. Other known participants include Zain Mehmood, Zafar Magsi, Amir Magsi, Babar Khan (winner of Sarfaranga Desert Rally 2018) and 6 participants for Women’s Category including Tushna Patel and Momol Khan with local Gwadar women racers for the first time.
Schedule entails Registration on Friday (19th October) with Tech & Qualifying round of all Stock and Prepared categories. Race day for all stock categories and women category to be arranged on Saturday (20th October) while race day for all Prepared categories followed by prize distribution ceremony on Sunday (21st October). The ceremony is said to feature a concert by Qurat-Ul-Ain Baloch afterwards.
Let’s have a look at last year’s results!
- Winners of Prepared Category Jhal Magsi Desert Challenge 2018 - December 16, 2018
- Winners of Stock and Women Jhal Magsi Desert Challenge 2018 - December 15, 2018
- Firing Order and Qualifying Results of Jhal Magsi Desert Challenge 2018 - December 13, 2018
- Countdown to 14th Jhal Magsi Desert Challenge - December 10, 2018
- Vehicles Flying Across the Track: Thal Rally 2018, The Real Challenge - November 25, 2018
- Thal Thunders Ready to Strike - November 15, 2018
- Countdown to Gwadar Off-Road Rally 2018 - October 14, 2018
- Babar Khan wins Sarfaranga Desert Rally 2018 - September 2, 2018
- Sarfaranga Desert Rally 2018: Qualifying race concludes with Babar Khan posting Fastest Time of the Day - September 1, 2018
- Sarfaranga Desert Rally 2018 Opens with a Bang - August 31, 2018